About HAAM Open Enrollment
HAAM Open Enrollment is a one stop shop for members to renew their HAAM benefits and get health coverage for the 2019 year, including Marketplace insurance plans. It's important to renew with us during this time so that you have the most options available to you for 2019. Every situation is different, so let us help you find the most affordable plan for you. Don’t wait until the last minute to #RockEnroll.
We need to see you in person, unless you have already enrolled with Medicare, Medicaid, or MAP. If you anticipate barriers getting to Open Enrollment, please contact us in advance so that we can assist with making a plan to get you re-enrolled.
If you are not yet a member, we highly recommend that you sign up during this time. The hours, location, and what you need to bring are the same.
Hours & Location
You can walk in anytime we're open from Nov. 1 to Dec. 15. There are no appointments. For Thanksgiving, we'll be closed Thursday, Nov. 22 & Friday, Nov. 23.
Monday - Thursday: 9AM - 6PM
Friday & Saturday: 9AM - 4PM
Sunday: 1PM - 5PM
HAAM @ Foundation Communities
5900 Airport Blvd
Austin, TX 78752
Note: that this is NOT the HAAM office on S. Lamar, and that we are only holding Open Enrollment at Foundation Communities' north location.
What to Bring
Below are the 5 things everyone should bring, and 2 that you may need. Unsure about one of these items? Contact us!
Everyone should bring:
1. Income information, such as a pay stub or self employment information
2. Your healthcare.gov username & password (make sure this works from home!)
3. Names of important doctors or medications
4. Government issued photo ID
5. Proof of musicianship - examples include: past or future gig or tour dates, album credits, pay stubs from music-related employment, or digital presence (social media or website that identifies membership in a band, etc.)
You may also need:
1. Employer insurance info, including cost and plan details, if you or your spouse received an offer within the last year
2. Immigration documents, if applicable
Important Tax Info
Are your 2017 taxes done? If you had a Marketplace (healthcare.gov) insurance plan that year, you will need to file them before you sign up for a plan for the 2019 year.
Tip #1: Come in ASAP to get on our wait list - premium assistance funds are available on a first come, first served basis.
Tip #2: Make sure your 2017 taxes are done! See "Important Tax Info" above.
Tip #4: Be prepared for a short wait. We will do everything we can to get you in and out quickly, but we suggest bringing some headphones or a good book just in case.