Dental Program Overview
HAAM members receive dental care through the Capital Area Dental Foundation (CADF). Each member is assigned to a CADF dentist, where they receive care at reduced rates.
Each member receives up to $600 in dental work each year. This funding renews every July 1 (not on the calendar year!), and any remaining funds not used by the member expire on June 30. The member is responsible for a $10 co-pay at each visit.
Make An Appointment
There are two steps to making an appointment:
- Contact the Capital Area Dental Foundation (CADF) to have the appointment approved. You must do this every time!
- Make the appointment with the dentist after your appointment has been approved. CADF will provide you with the phone number of your dentist or assign you to one.
For Step 1, you can contact CADF by filling out the below form:
Or, you can email CADF at email@example.com. Please include:
- Your full legal name
- Brief description of the work you need done
- Your zip code
- The name of your HAAM dentist if you have seen one before
*If you have an emergency or you are in pain, include "URGENT" in the subject line and also copy our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need treatment that exceeds the $600 limit, consider applying for MusiCares, which provides grants to help musicians in financial need. Once you have a treatment plan from a dentist call MusiCares at 877-626-2748 to apply.
Dental program policies:
- We ask for your compliance with all treatment protocols. Our dental providers are not able to perform a complete diagnosis without an x-ray, therefore one is required for treatment.
- It is very important that you arrive on time! If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment you must contact the dentist office at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Failure to provide adequate notice or arriving more than 15 minutes late will be considered a 'no-show' and may result in being placed at the bottom of the wait list for care.
- Additional missed appointments could result in removal from the program.
- All patients are expected to conduct themselves appropriately and in a respectful manner to all dental program staff. Failure to do so will result in removal from the program.