Eligibility & Benefits
Eligibility for Membership
If you are a working musician and live in Austin or a surrounding county, you may be eligible to become a HAAM member. We encourage all interested musicians to reach out to us to explore eligibility. We are only able to determine your options by meeting with you in person.
HAAM provides access to affordable healthcare for Austin’s low-income, working musicians, with a focus on prevention and wellness. This means:
- Helping you access affordable health coverage, no matter your situation
- Guiding you through the healthcare system toward both primary and specialty care
- Offering you special HAAM Core Program benefits
HAAM Programs can vary year to year and the extent of benefits available to HAAM members ranges and is dependent on a variety of factors including income, county of residence, and age.
These benefits include:
- ALL members have access to dental, vision, hearing, wellness, and healthcare navigation services
- Members may also have access to premium assistance programs to help lower the cost of monthly insurance premiums
How to Become a Member
You may be eligible to become a HAAM member if you:
- Are a working musician, music teacher, or DJ
- Live within 50 miles of Austin
- Have a household income under 400% of the Federal Poverty Level
You will be required to provide proof of musicianship, residency, and income for enrollment. HAAM membership must be renewed each year for continuous access to benefits.
HAAM participates in Open Enrollment from November 1 – December 15. Prospective members will need to visit us in person during this time at our seasonal office location at Foundation Communities (5900 Airport Blvd). See our Open Enrollment page for more information.
The HAAM Office is located on the second floor of an office building without elevators. Please let us know if that is an issue for you and we will make accommodations.