Eligibility & Benefits
HAAM provides access to affordable healthcare for Austin’s low-income, working musicians, with a focus on prevention and wellness. This means:
- Helping you access affordable health coverage, no matter your situation
- Guiding you through the healthcare system toward both primary and specialty care
- Offering you special HAAM Core Program benefits
HAAM Programs can vary year to year and the extent of benefits available to HAAM members ranges and is dependent on a variety of factors including income, county of residence, and age.
These benefits include:
- ALL members have access to dental, vision, hearing, wellness, and healthcare navigation services
- Members may also have access to premium assistance programs to help lower the cost of monthly insurance premiums
How to Become a Member
You may be eligible to become a HAAM member if you:
- Are a working musician, music teacher, or DJ
- Live within 50 miles of Austin
- Have a household income at or below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level
You will be required to provide proof of musicianship, residency and income for enrollment - click here for a list of accepted documentation in each category.
Interested musicians are encouraged call us to explore eligibility. You can reach the Member Services team at 512-541-4226 and press option 3. If eligible, we will schedule an enrollment appointment at the HAAM office.
The HAAM office is located on the second floor of an office building without elevators. Please let us know if that is an issue for you and we will make accommodations.