Vision Program Overview
Important update: HAAM has a new vision program as of January 1, 2017! We are now able to offer access to more eye exams, eyeglasses, and for the first time, diabetic retinal screenings. The process has changed, and members no longer need to come to vision clinics to receive vouchers.
All HAAM members have access to vouchers for free eye exams, discounted eyeglasses, and diabetic retinal screenings as needed.
Get an Eye Exam
First, contact us to let us know that you need a voucher for an eye exam or a diabetic retinal screening. We'll email it to you.
Once you've received a voucher from us, follow these steps:
- Call one of the approved eye doctors to make an appointment for your eye exam. Tell them you have been referred by HAAM and that you have a voucher.
- Take your voucher to the eye appointment with you.
- Important: You must give your voucher to the eye doctor to get the eye exam.
- You must present your picture ID to get the exam and glasses.
- The doctor will complete your eye exam and let you know if you need eyeglasses.
If you are told you need glasses, you are able to obtain a discounted pair through HAAM.
You will need Part B of your voucher and the eyeglasses prescription that you received during your eye exam. Follow these steps:
- Take your prescription for glasses and Part B of the voucher to one of the participating eyeglasses stores. The locations were included in the email with your vouchers. Glasses may be provided at the same location as the eye exam.
- Important: you must give Part B of the voucher to the eye glass store to receive glasses.
The voucher is valid only for the amount shown; any additional costs must be paid by the member. Members may receive only one exam and one pair of glasses per year.
The voucher is good for 60 days from the date on the voucher. If the voucher was issued more than 60 days ago or is lost, please contact us.