SEASON FOR CARING
Season for Caring
What is Season for Caring
Each year, Austin American Statesman selects 12 deserving families to participate in their Season for Caring giving campaign. These families and individuals are selected from nominations sent in by local nonprofit organizations and have their needs and stories highlighted through a series of stories and videos, while collecting donations on their behalf.
This year, HAAM's nomination Eden Welply was selected to be a part of the campaign. Read Eden's story here.
How to Get Involved
Each participant has a personalized wish list of things they want or need published on the Statesman's website. You can make monetary or in-kind online donations for a specific participant - like Eden - or to the campaign as a whole, by clicking here.
You can also make a donation by mail by sending a check payable to "Statesman Season for Caring" to Austin Community Foundation, c/o Statesman Season for Caring, 4315 Guadalupe St., Suite 300, Austin, TX, 78751.
The following items have been requested by HAAM member, Eden Welply as part of the Season for Caring campaign. If you have the ability to donate any of the following items or make a donation on her behalf, click here. Learn more about Eden by reading her story here.
- Home healthcare
- 24-hour skilled nursing services once she returns home
- Help paying for less intensive coordinated therapy program
- Music therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Rent and utilities assistance
- Queen Tempur-Pedic bed with wireless remote
- Smarthome bundle and installation to operate most things in the house with voice control and linked to a smartwatch
- A ramp
- An iMac desktop computer with Dragon Dictation software
- Ableton Sensory Percussion kit (percussion program) and track pad
- Gently used SUV or van
- Adaptations to the vehicle and lessons to relearn to drive
- Or paying off her current car loan
- Lasik procedure
- AxioDionics wearable pain management therapy
- 8-foot desk she can roll under
- Trained service animal
- Acupuncture services
- Help with putting together an art exhibit by artists with spinal cord injuries
- Gift cards to Wheatsville, H-E-B and Snap Kitchen
- Gift cards to movie theaters, spas, restaurants and other entertainment venues for Eden to give to her caregivers and friends
- Housekeeping services
- Oscillating fans
- A subscription to Audible
- Studio recording sessions