If you are a working musician in the Austin-area, you may be eligible for low-cost primary health care, basic dental care, mental health, hearing and vision health services through HAAM, Health Alliance for Austin Musicians.
Open Enrollment is happening NOW! Please visit www.HAAMenroll.org for more information on becoming a HAAM member and getting access to healthcare.
MENTAL HEALTH CARE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must reside in Austin or surrounding areas (50 mile radius)
- A working musician’s spouse, partner, and children may be included
- Please call the SIMS confidential client line at (512) 494-1007 to apply
AUDIOLOGY ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a current HAAM member
- Clinics are held about 5 times per year
- You will receive an email letting you know when you may call and schedule an appointment
How To Apply
After ensuring your are eligible, please take the following steps to apply:
Call HAAM at (512) 322-5177 to schedule an eligibility interview. Please expect a 6-8 week wait for appointments. Your eligibility interview will take place at 3010 South Lamar Blvd., Suite 200 (2nd Floor). We are directly across the street from Kerbey Lane & Baker Street Pub, and in the same shopping strip as Wholly Cow Burgers.
Bring the following documents with you to your scheduled appointment:
- Completed application
- Proof of residency (utility bill, lease, etc.) AND valid driver’s license or picture ID
- Names, business addresses, & phone numbers of 3 references
- Proof of work as a musician (check stubs,flyers, newspaper articles, copies of contracts, liner note credits, etc.)
- Proof of income (Letter from a third party, income tax statement, paycheck stubs, contracts, etc.)
We like to say that we might be few, but we are mighty. The HAAM staff is comprised of a group of passionate and diverse professionals who work very hard to meet the needs of our HAAM member musicians. HAAM Founder, Robin Shivers, had big dreams that the Austin community would come together to ensure that one of our most treasured resources - our musicians - would have access to affordable healthcare services. The HAAM staff still shares those dreams today.